Thursday, April 28, 2005

Top 5 U2 Albums

Keep in mind that when I made this list I had not (for some strange reason) heard the new 'How to Dismantle...' album. That is, I have only heard maybe 2 songs from it.

The Joshua Tree
By far the best U2 album now and forevermore.
Released March 1987. Every song on this album is great and there is such spiritual meaning behind the album as a whole.
Highlights include: "With or Without You," "Bullet the Blue Sky" and "Where the Streets Have No Name"

War
Really good batch of songs.
Released March 1983.
Highlights include: "Sunday Bloody Sunday," "New Years Day" and "40"

The Unforgettable Fire
Released October 1984.
Pride (In the Name of Love). 'Nuff said.

Achtung Baby
First album of the post-Joshua Tree era.
Released November 1991. At first, I didn't really care for this album but it really grew on me.
Highlights include: "Even Better Than the Real Thing," "Mysterious Ways" and "Who's Gonna Ride.."

All That You Can't Leave Behind
This was the first album after what I like to call their techo-disco era.
Released October 2000. I
t seemed to me like they returning to the Joshua Tree formula. There is a good spiritual meaning behind this album as a whole too and that might be another reason I really like it.
Highlights include: "Beautiful Day," "Walk On" and "Grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment