Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Better than Sliced Bread?!?

So I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to work, which I actually don’t do that often. Listen to the radio that is. Never care much for the stuff that is played on the radio; I prefer to just listen to my CDs. Anyway, I was listening to the radio and I heard one of those beef, it’s what’s for dinner commercials. Something the guy said actually made a lot of sense. He had made a comment that essentially said how silly the phrase, better than sliced bread was. It really got me thinking how often we use that phrase. Such and such is the best thing since sliced bread! Is sliced bread really that interesting? It’s like slice bread is the cornerstone of the world’s technological advances or something. I mean really, aren’t there things out there that are way cooler than sliced bread? The invention of the automobile maybe? The airplane even? The computer?
The stuff you put between two slices of bread? Personally, I prefer a good non-sliced loaf of French bread. Come to think of it, I really don’t eat much of anything on sliced bread, unless I’m making toast. Don’t get me wrong, I liked bread, in fact, bread is probably one of my favorite foods. But sliced bread really isn’t all that exciting to me.

1 comment:

  1. an uncut french roll and cold artichoke/spinach dip. amazing. keep rockin the show.

    ReplyDelete