Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Katrina

Since everyone out there seems to have an opinion of how the Katrina situation was or could have been handled so I thought I’d throw my two cents into the ring.
When I am listening, reading or watching anything about the crises is I realize how much disrespect I have for the mayor of New Orleans. The guy simply has a bad attitude. With the way he speaks in a public forum, I’m surprised he could get elected to anything at all. And here is, the mayor of a major metropolitan area. I wonder how that happened. Sad thing is that the people of New Orleans probably look up to him now as a hero. Personally, I think the guy comes across as a total jerk.
He, along with what seems to be the majority of the population from what I’ve noticed so far, seems to be playing the blame card. Blaming everyone from the president on down for how bad the situation got down there.
The way I look at it, somebody is probably at fault for how bad a disaster that it was as opposed to what it could have been. However, as to who exactly is at fault, who care? Is playing the blame game really going to help the thousands of people that are put out of their homes? No. Is playing the blame game going to get those people their city back? No. We should spend more time working the problem than trying to figure out who is to blame.

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be interesting to see how all of this plays out. The governmental failures at all levels has been staggering and I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to lose their jobs over this one.

    ReplyDelete