Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Best of Pink Floyd

During lunch, the radio was playing a Pink Floyd song and it got me thinking about another cool list I could do. If I were to put together a short, concise, Best of Pink Floyd album together, I have chosen these 7 (that's right, only 7) songs to represent what I think are their 8 best songs.

1. Welcome to the Machine
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Comfortably Numb
4. Not Now John
5. On the Turning Away
6. Learning to Fly
7. High Hopes

Now, before you say it, yes the album The Wall, is not very well represented on this list. I do welcome any comments to these lists but before you go off on this one because there aren't more songs from The Wall on it, let me explain. While I think that The Wall is one of their betters albums, as a whole, I do not necessarily think that the album itself is chock full of really great songs that would make this particular list. However, if I were doing a Best Albums of Pink Floyd, The Wall would certainly make the Top 3. There, I have said my peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment