Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Top 3 Bad Religion Albums

Back in June 2005, I did a post called Top 5 U2 albums and I was noticing that I have not really done this type of post for any other band. So I started wondering, what other bands that I like have multiple albums with which I could play around with to produce a sequel to that list.

So without further introduction, here is my list of the Top 3 Albums released by Bad Religion (and yes folks, it IS in order of prefernece, not random order).

3. - Recipe for Hate.
Released in September 1993, this was the band's 7th full-length album. It is also important to note that this was the last album released on Epitaph before signing to Atlantic Records. Other interesting facts about this album is that is contained background vocals by such notables as Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde and Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. Highlights include "American Jesus," "All Good Soldiers," "Struck A Nerve," and "Modern Day Catastrophists."

2. - No Control
This album was released in November 1989. Highlights on this album include "No Control," "Sanity," "You," "I Want Something More," "Change of Ideas," and of course, the best song on the album and quite possibly one of the BEST Bad Religion songs of all time....."I Want to Conquer the World!"

1. - Stranger Than Fiction
Released in August of 1994, this was the first album released on the Atlantic label AND the last album recorded with Brett Gurewitz (until he returned 8 years later on Process of Belief). It was certified gold in 1998. Another interesting point about this album is that it features Tim Armstrong and Jim Lindbery (the latter from Pennywise) contributing backing vocals on various songs. Highlights on this album include "Incomplete," "Better Off Dead," "Infected," "Marked (one of my personal favorites on the album)," and "Inner Logic."

No comments:

Post a Comment