Monday, February 12, 2007

The Ramones: DOTM

This next edition of DOTM will reflect on the back catalog of what some consider the first punk rock band ever - the Ramones. This band which was started in Queens, New York in 1974 lasted for over two decades making music that is arguably some of the most influential in the realm of punk rock. Several bands list them as influences while many have even attempted to copy their simple formula. In any case, this is their discography. In parentheses I have listed some of each album's highlights.

Albums:
Ramones - 1976 ("Blitzkrieg Bop" "Havana Affair")
Leave Home - 1977
Rocket to Russia - 1977 ("Sheena is a Punk Rocker" "Teenage Lobotomy")
Road to Ruin - 1978 ("I Wanna Be Sedated")
End of the Century - 1980 ("Do You Remember Rock N Roll Radio" "Rock n Roll High School")
Pleasant Dreams - 1981 ("We Want the Airwaves" "The KKK Took My Baby Away")
Subterranean Jungle - 1982 ("Psycho Therapy")
Too Tough to Die - 1984
Animal Boy - 1986 ("Somebody Put Something in My Drink")
Halfway to Sanity - 1987 ("I Wanna Live")
Brain Drain - 1989 ("I Believe in Miracles" "Palisades Park" "Pet Semetary")
Mondo Bizarro - 1992 Acid Eaters - 1993 ("Have You Ever Seen the Rain")
Adios Amigos - 1995

There have been entirely too many live and compilations albums put out by this band so I am not going to attempt to list them all. However, I will list some of my favorites.

Live Albums:
Loco Live - released in 1991

Compilations:
All the Stuff and More (Volumes 1 and 2)
Hey Ho, Lets Go the Anthology

No comments:

Post a Comment