Saturday, January 26, 2008

Currently Reading: Spider Man

Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 1: Power and Responsibility
Written by Brian Michael Bendis

This was the beginning of the Ultimate version of Spider-Man. The "Ultimate" universe of the Marvel universe was essentially a modernization of some of Marvel's top heroes. Also on this imprint besides Spider-Man were The Hulk, the X-Men, the Avengers, and the Fantastic Four.

It basically gave everyone new origins and made them more up to date.

In the Ultimate Spider-Man version, it isn't really a large step away from his original origin but the book is definitely more modern.

If I remember correctly, this title is up to 121 issues. This particular volume covers #1 - 7.

So far, I actually kind of like it. Spider-Man used to be one of my favorite characters in the Marvel universe and over time it just got old to me. Perhaps this series will get me back to liking him as much as I once did.

1 comment: