Thursday, December 07, 2006

Movie Review: Superman Returns

Way back in June of 2005, on this very blog I posted one titled "Look Up in the Sky!" Where I discussed the impending release of this movie.

So I finally get to watch it by renting via Netflix and this is what I thought about it.

Overall, it was a good movie. The plot was really good. I liked the storyline idea about Superman being gone for 5 years and I really liked that they put this in a time period such that Part 3 and Part 4 did not exist, very good idea! I really liked almost all of the casting. The new guy playing Superman/Clark Kent did a really good job. Casting Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor was great, he did an amazing job! I even liked Frank Langella in the role of Perry White. The casting that I didn't like was Lois Lane. Not that I didn't like the actress per se. I just didn't feel it. I didn't see Lois Lane in her. Just didn't work for me.

All in all, I think Bryan Singer did a really good job overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment