Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Local Election Results

The results of the local elections are in. However, since in my precinct the only thing I was able to vote for was the arena upgrade thingy, that is all I have bothered to check.

It appears that the voters have approved the sales tax extension to fund $126.6 million to improve the downtown arena in hopes to lure an NBA franchise to our city.

I voted in support of this myself. I figure, if I have to pay a penny more for something and the result of that is more respect for the city (if an NBA team gets here) in addition to the creation of more jobs for the city and surrounding area (sports team in city means more people need to work to sustain it) and the upswing for the economic situation in the area (sports team means better economy for restaurants and so on) than I'm all for it.

Any comments?

1 comment:

  1. I think that it was a good thing that it passed. In Moore we passed a bond issue for the schools.

    ReplyDelete