Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Best and Worst Casting Decisions in Comic Book Movie History

This post was originally posted in January 2007. I re-posted it so that I could comment on it after some time has passed.

It was a list of the 5 Best and Worst casting decisions in movies based on comic books.
First, I did not list these in any particular order, I am just listing them in the order that I thought them up. Also, keep in mind that this is only MY opinion. I did not get this information somewhere else, it is just a list of who I think was cast quite well or quite terribly in said film.

Here goes:

THE BEST:
Patrick Stewart - Professor X (X-Men, X2, X-Men: That Last Stand)
Jack Nicholson - The Joker (Batman)
Christian Bale - Bruce Wayne/Batman (Batman Begins)
Kevin Spacey - Lex Luthor (Superman Returns)
Michael Jai White - Al Simmons/Spawn (Spawn)
Robert Downey Jr - Tony Stark/Iron Man (Iron Man)

THE WORST:
Ben Affleck - Matt Murdock/Daredevil (Daredevil)
Michael Clarke Duncan - Kingpin (Daredevil)
Julian McMahon - Victor von Doom (Fantastic Four)
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Mr. Freeze (Batman Forever)
Sam Jones - Flash Gordon (Flash Gordon)

Time will only tell on the casting decisions made on these upcoming comic book films:

Nicholas Cage - Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider (Ghost Rider-coming Feb 2007)
Was not impressed with this movie much at all. Cage, although I do like him as an actor, did not fit in this role to me much.

Robert Downey Jr. - Ton Stark/Iron Man (Iron Man-coming May 2008)
Saw this one last night. Downey did an amazing job! See him in red up in the best section. In addition, Terrence Howard as Jim Rhodes was an amazing choice too. He did an excellent job!

Topher Grace - Eddie Brock/Venom (Spider-Man 3-coming May 2007)
Hated him in that role! He totally blew!

Doug Jones - Norrin Radd/Silver Surfer (Fantastic Four 2-June 2007)
Have not seen it yet.

1 comment:

  1. But I really like Flash Gordon. It was so bad that it was good.

    ReplyDelete