Friday, August 29, 2008

General Election Poll Results

According to the Gallup Poll (compiled on 8/27) here are the results of a "trial" general election:

Obama - 48%
McCain - 42%

My early prediction for November is that our new President will be Barack Obama. I am not saying that I support him or that I oppose him (I support neither him nor McCain, or for that matter at this point anybody running for that office but that's a subject for another blog).

I am basing this prediction from what I have heard in my conversations with regular people over the past couple of months. People in general really seem to be sick of the current administration and its policies and they see McCain as just a continuation of those policies.

What are your opinions?




3 comments:

  1. I think that Obama will probably win as well. I actually feel better about that now after the convention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the past year or so I've been saying that I don't think the U.S. is capable of electing anyone who isn't a white male. However, I think they'd elect someone who's not white long before they'd elect a female.

    Still, I think the election will either be close, or McCain will win.

    It doesn't matter so much what people say in polls, because most people don't even go to THE polls.

    The only people who vote consistently are owners, people with heavy business interests. So which candidate looks best for business?

    I don't know. And I don't care. They're all crooks to begin with, otherwise they'd never get the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Danny. To me, it really doesn't matter who gets the job. Either way, the government wins and we lose.

    ReplyDelete