Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oklahoma Ballot Initiatives

So I have taken some time looking at the ballot initiatives in my local area. Here are a few that are coming up for a vote in Oklahoma this election:

STATE QUESTION 735
This initiative exempts household property tax for disabled veterans It only exempts household personal property and is only provided to disabled veterans (who are residents of Oklahoma obviously) with a 100% disability.

Personally, I do not see a problem with this. Those veterans get yanked around enough with everything else. Throw ‘em a bone!

STATE QUESTION 741
This one requires a person or business to file an application to have a property tax exemption.

Opponents of this questions have said that by adding bureaucratic hassles to the tax burden already faced by small businesses this could take up time that could be better spent on growing an operation.

Well, if you are going to start a business, you have know that there is paperwork involved in starting and maintaining one. Sorry guys, going to have to say I approve of this one.


STATE QUESTION 742
This measure gives all people in the state the right to hunt, trap, fish and take game subject to regulation.

So are we saying that a hunting license would no longer be required? That is a bunch of crap. That is more revenue from hunting licenses that the state is going to lose. Bad idea!!!

STATE QUESTION 743
This measure allows certain winemakers to sell directly to retail package stores and restaurants in Oklahoma.

I have to say my opinion is not very strong on this one. I’m okay with letting winemakers sell direct. I support it. Nothing much else to say. I can’t really see any drawbacks to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment