Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rick Larsen on the Issues

Here is the scoop on the District 2 (WA) Congressional Democratic incumbent candidate:

Abortion

Supports federal funding on stem cell research.
Opposes ban on partial-birth abortion.

It just dawned on me. Why does stem cell research always fall under the heading of abortion? That makes no sense to me.
And I disagree with him on partial-birth abortions. To me, it's just flat out murder.


Civil Rights

Opposes Constitutional amendment defining marriage as one man one woman.
Opposes Constitutional amendment to prohibit flag desecration.

Corporations

Supports stockholder voting on executive compensation.

Energy & Oil

Supports tax incentives for renewable energy and conservation.
Supports investing in homegrown biofuel.
Supports criminalizing OPEC Still don't understand this one...gonna do some research on it, possibly blog forthcoming.

Foreign Policy

Opposes restrictions on United States funding to the UN.
Supports keeping Cuban travel ban.

Free Trade

Supports assiting workers who lose jobs due to globalization.
Opposed to Central American Free Trade Agreement.

Gun Control

Support prohibiting lawsuits on gun manufacturers.

Jobs

Supports restricting employer interference in union organizing.

War

Supports investigating Bush impeachment for lying about Iraq.
Supports redeployment of troops out of Iraq.
Opposed use of military force in Iraq.

Welfare & Poverty

Supports funding for Section 8 Housing.

Well, it is really too bad I don't live in this guys district. I would so vote for him.

2 comments:

  1. "It just dawned on me. Why does stem cell research always fall under the heading of abortion? That makes no sense to me.
    And I disagree with him on partial-birth abortions. To me, it's just flat out murder."

    Stem cell research doesn't always fall under the heading of abortion. The left likes to group all stem cell research into one category so they can claim conservatives are against stem cell research which of course is a lie.

    The reason embryonic stem cell experiments fall under abortion is simple. If the left loses the argument that life begins at conception as the banning of farming and destruction of human embryos for experimentation or research (on that basis) would do, then they lose the entire abortion argument. They cannot afford to get on that slippery slope and they are smart enough to know it.

    You and I and John Kerry know that life begins at conception, from that moment on that human being cannot become anything other than that one unique human being... even twins aren't the same individual.

    The unborn should have the same basic right to life as the rest of us...
    Barack Obama voted to allow the murder (your word) of babies that survive an abortion otter... how can you for one minute support that man is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell you why. Because my political priorities do not lie on anyone's stand on issues like abortion or gun control or flag burning or other "catch phrase" political issues such as these.

    My priorities lie in the important issues that really matter to me.

    ReplyDelete