Friday, November 21, 2008

Naked Coffee?

Can someone please explain to me why it is at all necessary to have coffee stands with half naked baristas?

Is this REALLY a selling point? Really?

Are there really THAT many dirty old men out there that will go to one specific coffee stand based solely on the idea that they can see a girl in a bikini when they go pick up their coffee?

In my local part of the Seattle area in fact, there seem to be more "naked" coffee stands than those where the girls are fully clothed.

I guess it is an interesting novelty-type idea or something but is it really necessary? Was this the only idea that the coffee stand owners could come up with to try and sell more coffee and compete with Starbucks?

And on top of that, I am not sure if anyone around here has noticed this or not, but it gets cold up here! Those poor girls have got to be freezing in there. There can't be much room in those itty bitty stands to put some sort of space heater in there, I guess it is possible. I dunno.

Okay, that is is. Thanks.

Any thoughts?

Disclaimer for my Oklahoma readers: Up here in Washington, there are stands all along the side of the road that serve coffee. A lot like the sno cone stands down there only there are quite a lot of them up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment