Sunday, December 07, 2008

Definition of Hate for FGO

In his recent post in response to mine, FGO asks:
So Otter: When the Judeo Christian Holy books have always taught that men sexing with men and women sexing with women is an abomination that is hate?
The Judeo-Christian holy books?

I do not recall Jesus Himself ever condemning anyone.

I do remember condemnation in the Jewish books though. But of course, if we are going to follow those Laws than we have to follow them all. We can't pick and choose what sections of the Bible we are going to follow.

I guess that means we have go back to the whole eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth business. I guess that means we have to go back to celebrating all of the old religious festivals that the Israelites were commanded to follow.

Plain and simple FGO. There is NO justification for hate.

and he also states:
Please enlighten us with your current definition of HATE in regard to literal Bible believers.
I'm not quite sure why he thinks our readers need a definition of hate but here I will humor him. The definition of hate is:

Intense animosity or dislike, animosity being ill will or deep seated hostility toward someone or something that tends to display itself in action.

Does that help you any FGO or do I need to make it more plain?

Let me make my point clear one more time. To say that you are a Christian or to say that you follow the teachings of Jesus and feel hate toward anyone is contradictory and quite simply makes you a hypocrite.

4 comments:

  1. To say that you are a Christian or to say that you follow the teachings of Jesus and feel hate toward anyone is contradictory and quite simply makes you a hypocrite.

    Amen! (again)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:46 AM

    So you just pick out the words you think Jesus said and forget the rest of the inspired word and
    I don't know any Christians like you describe. You guys seem to have a lot of hate forus Christ worshipers.
    I do know those that find sticking you dong in some one's ass really weird. Not hate but pity.
    Sam in Altus

    Brad and Otto are really fucked up theologians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well not to nitpick but I am going to have to nitpick here.

    First of all, I do not pick out the words I think Jesus said and forget the rest of the word. I KNOW what Jesus said. And if you want to get really nitpicky, I think HIS words are the most important of anything that was put down in the Holy Book.

    Finally, I do not have hate toward Christ worshippers, my hate is directed only at hypocrites. As I told FGO, if you think this includes you, you must be feeling guilty.

    But if you want to debate theology with me, like I told FGO. Bring it on brother, Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Posted a blog about all this at my blog. --Scott

    ReplyDelete