Saturday, January 03, 2009

Another Top Superhero Films List

I have tackled this subject a few times myself. Here is Moviefone's take on it.
  • Superman II
  • Incredibles
  • Batman (1989)
  • Superman
  • X-Men
  • Spider-Man
  • X2
  • Iron Man
  • Batman Begins
  • Spider-Man II

Here is my list on the same subject (although I only have the Top 9 - darn Top 10ers! LoL!)

Interestingly enough, Moviefone and I share many of the same movies in our Top 10 list. X2 was okay, but not good enough for my list and Spider-Man 2 being at the top of their list I will never understand. The folks at Moviefone of course list theirs in order of preference which I rarely do. I do not like to show favoritism in my comic book movies (with the exception of Batman Begins that is). But how Spider-Man 2 is a better movie than its prequel is bad enough but saying that it is a better movie than Batman Begins?!? They have got to be kidding!

Speaking of which, if I were to update my list, I would probably end up taking one off my list and replacing with with The Dark Knight. I am not sure which of my current list I would replace though. Perhaps Superman Returns.

Interesting post script here (well sort of a post script). Moviefone also listed the Top 10 Worst Superhero Movies:
  • Superman IV: The Quest for Peace Yeah, that was a pretty horrible movie.
  • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen I was not really aware that this was a super-hero movie per se but it wasn't all that great a movie. Probably not deserving of the title worst.
  • The Punisher (2004) Absolutely disagree with them! The Dolph Lundgren version was way worse and did not make this list. In fact in this article, the writer actually says that the Dolph Lundgren version is "Superman compared to the 2004 version." Whoever wrote this one was obviously drunk!
  • Daredevil Yeah, this was pretty awful too.
  • Supergirl Once again, I will have to agree
  • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Yup
  • Ghost Rider Uh-huh
  • Elektra Never seen it but if it is a spin-off of Daredevil, probably isn't Oscar potential.
  • Batman & Robin Pretty crummy movie. Shameful for the franchise.
  • Catwoman Never seen this one either but heard terrible things about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment