Saturday, January 24, 2009

Essential Hard Rock Songs

It appears that I am really starting to run out of ideas for these thing but here is another attempt.

This is a list of Essential Songs by "Hard Rock" bands.

Hard Rock is that music that is not quite pop-rock and not quite heavy metal. It is a heavy form of rock music that is typically (but not always) laden with keyboards.

So here is the list.
  1. Amanda (Boston)
  2. Any Way You Want It (Journey)
  3. Bad Company (Bad Company)
  4. Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
  5. Cat Scratch Fever (Ted Nugent)
  6. Don't Stop Believing (Journey)
  7. Don't Tell Me You Love Me (Night Ranger)
  8. Dream Police (Cheap Trick)
  9. Hang Tough (Tesla) 
  10. High On You (Survivor)
  11. I Can't Hold Back (Survivor)
  12. I Want You to Want Me (Cheap Trick)
  13. Keep On Loving You (REO Speedwagon)
  14. Love Song (Tesla) 
  15. More Than a Feeling (Boston)
  16. Paradise By the Dashboard Light (Meat Loaf)
  17. Sister Christian (Night Ranger)
  18. Stone Cold (Rainbow)
  19. Stranglehold (Ted Nugent)
  20. Surrender (Cheap Trick)
  21. We Are the Champions (Queen)
  22. We Will Rock You (Queen)
What is really funny to me now is that looking at this list hardly any of these bands had keyboards in the music. Hmmm....ok apparently I have no idea what I am talking about.  Okay hard rock is a very generic term but like I said I am running out of ideas. This could very well be the last one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment