Friday, January 23, 2009

Essential Pop Punk Albums

I got this idea from Dave earlier tonight.  Thanks Dave!

Pop punk is essentially a genre of music that fuses elements of pop music and punk rock. I have compiled this list in order of the album's release date. 
  1. All the Stuff and More Vol 1 (Ramones)
  2. All the Stuff and More Vol 2 (Ramones)
  3. Somery (Descendents)
  4. My Brain Hurts (Screeching Weasel)
  5. Anthem for a New Tomorrow (Screeching Weasel)
  6. Dookie (Green Day)
  7. Born to Quit (Smoking Popes)
  8. Leche Con Carne (No Use for a Name)
  9. Everything Sucks (Descendents)
  10. Face to Face (Face to Face)
  11. Bark Like a Dog (Screeching Weasel)
  12. Have A Ball (Me First and the Gimme Gimmes)
  13. Destination Failure (Smoking Popes)
  14. Eve 6 (Eve 6)
  15. Horrorscope (Eve 6)
  16. Warning (Green Day)
  17. Take a Break (Me First and the Gimme Gimmes)
  18. Before Everything and After (MxPx)
  19. American Idiot (Green Day)
  20. Panic (MxPx)
  21. Love Their Country (Me First and the Gimme Gimmes)

3 comments:

  1. I considered putting the album Pummel on this list but I guess it didn't make the cut while I finally put it together.

    But for the most part, I can't think of an "album" in general of theirs other than Pummel that should have made this list. They have quite a few good songs but not necessarily one particular album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blasphemy! I know we talked about this via text but I thought I’d put some thoughts here for the rest of the class.

    Honestly I think that Allroy Sez, Allroy’s Revenge, and Problematic are better albums than anything the band released as the Descendents (with Cool To Be You probably closely following in the # 4 position). I really think that this band has gotten better as they have aged.

    Did you every listen to the entire discography in the order of release? If not, you really should.

    ReplyDelete