Monday, April 20, 2009

Blog Post of the Day

For my first post on this new installment, the honor goes to Dave's post on Free Speech.

His post was actually a response to another blogger's post but his stands so well on its own.

Regarding the original post, here is a person who talks about how great our country is because of the freedoms we fought so hard to achieve. But yet with the same mouth condemns someone for exercising that free speech. It makes no sense to me.

That is not America my friend. The door has to swing both ways.

Just because a person does not like another person's politics or doesn't like something they are saying because they don't feel the same way as you, does not give you any right to restrict their rights as an American. THAT sir if fascism!

There are so many problems in our country right now and whether or not a person should have the right to express their viewpoints via a national forum is such a futile issue to go after.

The Bill of Rights were written with the EXPRESS intent of making sure that those that wanted to disagree with the policies or actions of their government had that very right to do so.

I am willing to be that the author of the original post was fully on the anti-Obama bandwagon when he made those comments a few months ago about not listening to Rush Limbaugh.

You can't have it both ways. Sorry, you just can't.

4 comments:

  1. Well said.
    See you at the Tea Party July 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is that going to work? I don't think there is going to be a tea party up here in Seattle on that day.....not that I've heard of anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:24 PM

    Go to AFA.org. They are the ones who started the tea party thing.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. This commented is directed toward zTruth.

    If you are reading this, I would like to say that I deeply apologize for jumping to conclusions about you in that I thought you were this huge anti-Muslim hate monger. I stand corrected.

    I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete