Friday, April 24, 2009

Coming Soon 2009

So..............any promising movies coming out this year? Let's see what I was able to dig up:

APRIL

Mutant Chronicles
This shows a bit of promise. It starts Thomas Jane (from the 2004 Punisher movies) and Ron Perlman (from Hell Boy) and is set in the future on Earth. Probably not something I would see in the theater but I might rent it.

For the most part, April seems like a dismal month for movie releases. But it's April.

MAY

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
Not something I would normally watch but it has Matthew McConughey in it and most of what I have seen that he has starred in I have enjoyed so this might be worth a viewing. Again, probably just on DVD though.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Here is one worth going to the theater for. I have seen trailers for it and the comic book geek in me really wants to see this movie!

Star Trek
I have to admit that I am not a big Star Trek fan. In fact, I almost despise it to a point. However, I do like the idea of a prequel to this series.

Angels and Demons
Looks like an interesting premise. I am a big fan of the National Treasure movies and this one seems somewhat similar to those. I will probably watch it but I should probably watch The DaVinci Code first (have never bothered to watch that one).

Terminator Salvation
Yeah, gotta see this one. Loved the first one. Really loved Judgment Day. The third was okay. I really am interested to see what Christian Bale does with the John Connor character.

Up
Having 3 kids I am sure at some point I will end up watching this movie. Funny thing is, I actually enjoy some of these movies that I usually end up watching just because the kids want to.

So by the looks of things, May looks like a really good month for movie releases.

JUNE

Year One
Harold Ramis movie starring Jack Black. This could be really good.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Definitely worth a view.


JULY

Public Enemies
Movie based on the life of John Dillinger. I'm a history nerd. Go figure that I want to see this one.

AUGUST

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra
I might actually want to see this movie even more than the Wolverine movie. GI Joe? Really?!? I used to play with those toys and read the comic book back when I was a kid. This is a must must see!!

Bandslam
2 high school kids form a rock band and enter a battle of the bands competition. Does not sound like there is much to it but I think I would probably watch it anyway.

The rest of the year looks absolutely dismal.

2 comments:

  1. Angels & Demons was a really good book. In fact, The Da Vinci Code is its sequel. Oh Dan Brown's novels Angels & Demons is by far my favorite. I still think Tom Hanks is too old for the character, but he didn't suck in The Da Vinci Code so this one has potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus I've always thought that the National Treasure movies really wanted to be Dan Brown novels.

    ReplyDelete