Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Alkaline Trio: DOTM

I did this one at the suggestion of Dave

Sundials
Released in 1997 by Johann's Face Records.
Produced by Alkaline Trio.
Tracks: 2

For Your Lungs Only
Released in May 1998 by Asian Man Records.
Produced by Matt Allison and Alkaline Trio.
Band lineup:
Matt Skiba - vocals, guitar; Dan Andriano - bass, vocals; Glenn Porter - drums, vocals.
Tracks: 4

Goddamnit I would just like to go on record to say that I do not approve of this album title. LoL!
Released in October 1998 by Asian Man.
Produced by Matt Allison and Alkaline Trio.
No lineup changes.
Tracks: 12

I Lied My Face Off
Released in June 1999 by Asian Man.
Produced by Matt Allison and Alkaline Trio.
No lineup changes.
Tracks: 4

Maybe I'll Catch Fire
Released in March 2000 by Asian Man.
Produced by Matt Allison and AT.
No lineup changes.
Tracks: 10

Alkaline Trio
Compilation album released in April 2000 by Asian Man.
Produced by Matt Allison and AT.
No lineup changes.
Tracks: 13
Contains tracks from the EPs "For Your Lungs Only" "I Lied My Face Off," and "Sundial" in addition to some tracks from other compilation CDs.

From Here to Infirmary
Released in April 2001 by Vagrant Records.
Produced by Matt Allison and AT.
Lineup changes: Mike Felumlee (who used to play drums for the Smoking Popes) took over on drums for this record.
Tracks: 12
Singles:
"Stupid Kid" and "Private Eye"

Good Mourning
Released in May 2003 by Vagrant.
Produced by Joe McGrath and Jerry Finn.
Lineup changes: Derek Grant took over on drums.
Tracks: 12
Singles:
"We've Had Enough" "All on Black"

Crimson
Released in May 2005 by Vagrant.
Produced by Jerry Finn.
No lineup changes.
Tracks: 13
Singles:
"Time to Waste" "Mercy Me" and "Burn"

Remains
Compilation album released in January 2007 by Vagrant.
Tracks: 22
The songs on this compilation are tracks that were recorded for various compilations, EPs, B-sides and live tracks.

Agony and Irony EP
Released in April 2008 by Epic.
Produced by AT.
No lineup changes.
Tracks: 3

Agony and Irony
Released in June 2008 by Epic.
Produced by Josh Abraham.
No lineup changes.
Tracks: 11
Singles:
"Help Me" and "Love Love, Kiss Kiss"

This Addiction
Released in February 2010 by Heart and Skull / Epitaph
Produced by Alkaline Trio and Matt Allison
No lineup changes
Tracks: 11
Singles:
"This Addiction"
Charts:
#11 on the Billboard 200

1 comment:

  1. This is a band that I have been listening to a lot more of lately. Back when I was doing my zine Caught Off Guard, I received a copy of For Your Lungs Only from Asian Man Records. I remember liking the CD a lot but I lost track of the band after that. In fact it wasn’t until the split they did with One Man Army that I started listening to them again (even though there are only two songs on their half of that CD that I really like and one is a cover of The Damned’s “Wait for the Blackout”). Since then I’ve gotten a couple of their releases (Good Mourning, Maybe I’ll Catch Fire, and the split they did with Hot Water Music) and I’m really starting to get into their stuff.

    ReplyDelete