Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another reason we need Term Limits

There are currently 16 members of Congress under investigation.  That sounds like a small number but keep in mind that this is the number of Congressmen that are being investigated, meaning they somehow got caught and/or were unable to pay off the members of whatever group they are under investigation with.

Who are they?

  1. Rep. Sanford Bishop (D-GA)
  2. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr (D-IL)
  3. Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-CA) (he is actually under investigation by the Dept of Justice for funneling money to family and friends).
  4. Rep Gary Miller (R-CA) (also under investigation by the Dept of Justice - for failing to pay taxes)
  5. Rep. Allan Mollohan (D-WV) (again, Dept of Justice)
  6. Rep. Timothy Murphy (R-PA) 
  7. Rep. John Murtha (D-PA)
  8. Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)
  9. Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-CA)
  10. Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA)
  11. Rep. Pete Visclosky (D-IN)
  12. Rep. Don Young (R-AK)
  13. Senator Roland Burris (D-IL)
  14. Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND)
  15. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
  16. Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
Not that this REALLY matters, but it is interesting that out of these 16 Congressmen, 12 of them are Democrats. I figured there would be a more equal amount of both. However, my theory is not that there are more Democrats screwing up while in Congress. My theory is that their are more Republicans "in bed with" the various departments so they don't get caught. Or when they do they are able to buy those folks off.....or already have them on their payroll in the first place (which is why many of these folks are being investigated in the first place).

My whole point is that the people currently in power are corrupt and need to get out of office and go find real jobs. We need fresh blood. We need term limits to give our government institutions that fresh blood.  It has been made obvious that even though our elected officials are corrupted individuals the stupid people of their respective states will still keep voting them in because of name recognition.

We need to get them out of office and off the ballot so that people will actually start voting on the issues again instead of the names.


Thanks to NW Republican for this find by the way.

4 comments:

  1. soooo, when are you running for office?

    I suggest starting at the city council level, then moving to mayor and so on.

    Safety tip: Round up your most trustworthy friends and circle yourself with them... you'll thank me later for this one.

    Get ready to get an earful no matter where you go or what you are doing and if you can't fix their problem.... you just made an enemy. You will make lots of them, but focus on your message and pleasing the people that agree with your message and do what you say you will do.

    Be a leader, don't be a stick your finger in the wind, driven by popularity polls kind of politician... at least in my opinion.

    Good luck and warn your kids that they will probably get harassed.

    ohhh and remember my motto- "No good dead goes unpunished".

    -red

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got my vote. Heck I'd even contribute to your campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dave. I don't think I would get too far though.

    I am too much of my own man with my own ideas and would not fit anyone's mold.

    And I am sure I would make a lot of enemies who would love to pull up my past history and use it against me somehow.

    ReplyDelete