There are currently 16 members of Congress under investigation. That sounds like a small number but keep in mind that this is the number of Congressmen that are being investigated, meaning they somehow got caught and/or were unable to pay off the members of whatever group they are under investigation with.
Who are they?
- Rep. Sanford Bishop (D-GA)
- Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr (D-IL)
- Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-CA) (he is actually under investigation by the Dept of Justice for funneling money to family and friends).
- Rep Gary Miller (R-CA) (also under investigation by the Dept of Justice - for failing to pay taxes)
- Rep. Allan Mollohan (D-WV) (again, Dept of Justice)
- Rep. Timothy Murphy (R-PA)
- Rep. John Murtha (D-PA)
- Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)
- Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-CA)
- Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA)
- Rep. Pete Visclosky (D-IN)
- Rep. Don Young (R-AK)
- Senator Roland Burris (D-IL)
- Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND)
- Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
- Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
Not that this REALLY matters, but it is interesting that out of these 16 Congressmen, 12 of them are Democrats. I figured there would be a more equal amount of both. However, my theory is not that there are more Democrats screwing up while in Congress. My theory is that their are more Republicans "in bed with" the various departments so they don't get caught. Or when they do they are able to buy those folks off.....or already have them on their payroll in the first place (which is why many of these folks are being investigated in the first place).
My whole point is that the people currently in power are corrupt and need to get out of office and go find real jobs. We need fresh blood. We need term limits to give our government institutions that fresh blood. It has been made obvious that even though our elected officials are corrupted individuals the stupid people of their respective states will still keep voting them in because of name recognition.
We need to get them out of office and off the ballot so that people will actually start voting on the issues again instead of the names.
Thanks to NW Republican for this find by the way.