Thursday, May 07, 2009

Following HIS example

This post is directed toward my fellow Christian readers so all you heathens (lol!) read at your own risk.

How many of us truly follow the thoughts and actions of Christ? Or how many of us at least TRY to follow His example?

It seems to me from what I have observed that unfortunately many of us do not.

I know the slogan 'What Would Jesus Do?' has become somewhat of a corny cliche but it really should direct us in our own thoughts and deeds.

God Himself came to Earth in the form of a human in Jesus. And one of the reasons He did so was to live His life on Earth as a model for the rest of us to emulate and pattern our own lives on.

It is hard. Terribly hard. But it IS what we should be striving toward. In anything and everything we do, we really should be stopping to ask ourselves, "is this what Jesus would do?" And if it isn't, perhaps we should re-think our actions.

Let me give some political examples.

Abortion. Would Jesus kill a baby? Nope.
Gay Rights. Would Jesus go gay-bashing and tell these people they are less than human? Nope.
Torture. Would Jesus strap a guys nuts to a car battery? Nope.
Death Penalty. Would Jesus have someone killed for a crime? Would He forgive them? Go read your Bible and get back to me on that one.

I don't need to go any further with that. People can try to justify their actions any way they want but when it all comes down to it, we really need to think how Jesus would handle a given situation and base our own outcomes on that. That is, is He IS the example we claim to follow (heathens if you are still reading, please disregard LOL!).

Sure, it might inconvenience your own personal freedoms sometimes. Sure our emotions get the better of us on particular issues sometimes. But if we are being honest with ourselves, you know I am right.

Please try to follow the example of Christ in all you do. And pray that I can do the same.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know of anyone who has said or implied that homosexuals were "less than human".

    It (homosexuality) is perfectly human, but still wrong... like many things humans do.

    I think Jesus would have told a homosexual that they are sinners ...just as he did everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can agree with that. He probably would have told them that they are sinners. That is, if in fact, he considered it a sin, which is not something I care to debate about right now. But yes, if it is a sin, then yes, He would tell them that they were sinners but would not condemn them or treat them any differently than any other sinners.

    If you don't know anybody or have heard anyone speak of homosexuals as less than human consider yourself fortunate (or not listening to the right radio programs or television programs). I hear about it quite often, even in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly don't care what people do in the privacy of their bedroom... gay people are just people, I really don't give a hoot but if it's my stamp of approval as normal behavior they want, prolly ain't gonna happen.... and when they demand my approval or else, then they get my opposition.

    Now there are plenty of things that I do (not sexually speaking) that people cans say is wrong to them... like smoking cigars for example. It's fine for you to tell me that it's wrong for me to smoke... even in total privacy if that's what you believe, however one is not totally free to say that they believe that homosexuality or gay marriage is wrong. (see Miss CA)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red said: “and when they demand my approval or else, then they get my opposition.”

    Hmmmm…sounds vaguely like the arguments that the segregationists used.

    I think that Miss CA’s biggest problem was the fact that what she said (the sentence itself) was incoherent. I have no problems with her being against gay marriage at all. I’m glad she took a stand. Unfortunately she bungled it so bad that she really did look bad because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah right that was it... it wasn't what she said it was that she didn't say it properly. lol NOT.
    That is a great example of the intolerance of the left... Obama himself agrees with Miss CA but gets a pass... she went to a Christian school and being a white blonde is an easy target.

    In fact she said one of the great things about this country is that people can do what they want... but in HER OPINION (which is what Perez asked for) she supports traditional marriage and not gay marriage... apologizing to those who disagreed. You can't get much nicer than that and what did she get for it?

    Yes dave... make a race issue out of something that isn't. Nice.

    I don't care what you or anyone else believes or does in the privacy of your/their homes but if you or anyone else try and force some unproven belief on me or some behavior that I believe to be wrong, guess what?

    I have the right... no the obligation to oppose you on it once you try and force it on me.

    Get real man.
    -red

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* I honestly am not sure why I even try having discussions with you Red. It is like beating my head against a wall.

    In the case is Miss CA, the only things I have read about the situation were on the Classically Liberal blog (which is written by a libertarian and not a member of the “left”). He presented a quote of what she said in response to the question and it was a pretty mangled sentence. I’m glad that she apologized to those who disagree and in the quote she did appear to be polite, but the words themselves made her look foolish (in other words, it wasn’t what she was saying, but how bad she said it, stumbling over words, etc). Now to be fair I have not watched the clip so I am basing this completely off the quote that I read. Also, why in the name of Zeus was a question like that brought up in a beauty pageant?

    Red said: “Yes dave... make a race issue out of something that isn't. Nice.”

    In my opinion one does not choose to be gay, just like one does not choose to be black, or choose to be born with one hand. Poop happens. So from that stand point, it is very much a civil rights issue.

    Red said: “I don't care what you or anyone else believes or does in the privacy of your/their homes but if you or anyone else try and force some unproven belief on me or some behavior that I believe to be wrong, guess what?”

    I’m glad that you see someone who is fighting for equal rights and burdens under the law as “try(ing) and force some unproven belief on me or some behavior that I believe to be wrong.” No offense but that is just backwards thinking. All these people want is to have the same legal rights that you do. HOW IS THAT WRONG?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You also need to go and read this post. I have a feeling much of it you will either dismiss or it will go over your head, but you should read it anyway.

    ReplyDelete