Monday, May 18, 2009

Funky Governor Poll

Okie Funk has a poll on his blot titled "Who has the best chance to win the Oklahoma governor's race in 2010?"

His choices are Drew Edmondson and Jari Askins (and the obligatory 'someone else').

Really? These are the only choices you have? That sucks!

Personally, I do not like Edmondson. He may or may not have done some good things as Oklahoma's Attorney General but personally I think everything he does is politically motivated. The guy WANTS higher office. He wants it bad. And for that reason alone (even though I have others) I can not support him (yeah, I know I can't vote in Oklahoma elections so it doesn't matter but maybe someone that respects my opinion will read this and remember not to mark his name on the ballot when it comes time).

As for Jari Askins, I don't necessarily have anything against her but something about her just doesn't sit right with me. I can't place my finger on it.

It just dawned on me though. Okie Funk's poll only included Democrats. Typical.

For those that are interested, so far, from what I have read, there have been 2 people announce their intention to run for Gov. on the Republican ticket. Those 2 are current U.S. Representative Mary Fallin and State Senator Randy Brogdon, neither of which I would not mind seeing as Governor of my former state of residence.

2 comments:

  1. atta boy otter... you da' man!

    In Doc Hoc's world there are two kinds of political candidates.... the extremely far leftist Democrat and the wild and crazy off the scale far leftist Democrat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for "someone else." I doubt that it matters though. I suspect that Mary Fallin will be the next Governor of Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete