Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Lefty" or "Righty"

Am I a "lefty" or a "righty"? Am I "liberal" or "conservative"? Amd I a "moonbat" or a "wingnut"?

I think that I am a little of both, depending on what issue we are discussing.

Below I have listed a few of the main issues that we political bloggers tend to talk about and what my specific stance is on each. Perhaps it will clear up this whole am I a lefty or righty debate. Perhaps not.

Abortion
I am pro-life.
In my opinion, abortion is murder. Nothing more. Nothing less.
This puts me clearly on the RIGHT.

Death Penalty
Again, I am pro-life.
Two wrongs do not make a right. Executing a criminal for murdering someone does not bring that person back. Is revenge really justification?
This would put me toward the LEFT.

Gun Control
I believe that it is the right of an American citizen to own a gun.
This would put me on the RIGHT again.

Flag Burning
I believe it is the right of an American citizen to desecrate an American flag is they so choose to. To criminalize the act takes away a person's constitutional right to free speech and free expression.
I also believe that those people that do burn flags are idiots. It proves nothing. Nothing except that these people can't find a better way to express themselves and show their distaste of their country in another way.
I think this puts me on the LEFT.

Tax Reform
I am an advocate for a system much like the Fair Tax or some sort of national sales tax instead of the current progressive tax system.
I have no idea where this would put me.

Health Care Reform
On this ever changing my mind subject, I am current in favor of expanding both the employer-based system and eligibility requirements for the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
I do not favor a completely, government-controlled or "single payer" system. The government has proven ineffective in handling things so they need to keep their nose out of health care decisions.
I do not favor tax credits for individuals because I really just don't understand how this would really help.
I'm not sure where this puts me either. Probably somewhere in the middle.

So just based on these few key issues, I would have to say that I am probably somewhere in the center but slightly left of center.

I dunno really. I guess this did not really clear anything up. LOL!

8 comments:

  1. I think you left out the biggest issue of all for those on the left... "Global Warming" errr "Climate Change"... I mean "Our Deteriorating Atmosphere".

    That alone should put you way way way over on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Climate change issue. Hmmm.....tell you what. I will write up a separate piece about that as a sequal to this post. That deserves more than a mere comment on an existing post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in gun control from the standpoint that one must pay the dealer for one's gun and they should have a trigger.

    Also make a note on killing an attacking black criminal in your store:
    1. Empty your gun rapidly into several vital parts of his/her/its body before reloading if you live Oklahoma county and are white.
    2. Get the hell outa there before the racists OJ Jurists types show up to protest and burn your store down as a tribute to affirmative action Honky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete