Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Lobbyists in the White House?

First a quote from when Obama was campaigning:
"I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race....I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they won't find a job in my White House."
Interesting...

Did you know....?

Attorney General Eric Holder was a lobbyist for Covington and Burling?
Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack was a lobbyist for the National Education Association?
Ron Klain, Chief of Staff to Joe Biden, was a lobbyist at O'Melveny & Myers?
Deputy Secretary of Interior David Hayes was a lobbyist at Lathan & Watkins?

So maybe I'm not the brightest crayon in the box or anything but don't most of these people work (at least the majority of their time) in the White House? I am trying to give the man the benefit of the doubt in thinking that he meant what he said literally. That is, nobody that actually works IN the White House would be lobbyists but I think it is probably safer to chalk this one up to another campaign lie. 

Shocking.......(notice the sarcasm).

So.......did we REALLY end up with the better man? 

I think my beautiful wife Jesica said it best this weekend.....
"maybe we should have voted for McCain."

7 comments:

  1. Your beautiful wife Jesica is not only beautiful but brilliant as well... after all, she married you didn't she?

    Not to worry, in 2010 we can begin the disassembly of the Democrat majority and in 2012 you can vote for the first woman President... heck she may even pick "the maverick" as her VP, who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not vote in 2012. I'm so sicked with both parties that I jst can't find myself supporting either one of them. Besides, OK will go to the Republican so my vote doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't see myself voting for Sarah Palin even if she did get the nomination. I really just don't like her.

    I will still vote though. I will just vote the way I always do. On the Issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we'll get that beautiful and brilliant wife of yours to support Sarah...

    No matter who the Republican candidate is in 2012... let me be the first to tell you it is a pleasure defending the unborn, defending our Constitution, our traditions, defending gun owners rights, promoting more money in your pocket and less in the government's, promoting enforcing our laws, promoting life, promoting protecting our citizens and future generations, promoting freedom and liberty.

    But mostly it's fun opposing the leftist attempts to take control of the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt it. She liked her even less than I did.

    As for your 2nd paragraph let me sound off...

    1. defending the unborn.....without a doubt
    2. defending the Constitution...absolutely
    3. our traditions........which ones?
    4. defending gun owners rights.........still very torn on that issue
    5. more $$$ in your pocket and less in the governments................i agree but how about more money in everyone's pocket, not just the rich?
    6. enforcing our laws...........enforcing yes. but some of them need to be changed.
    7. promoting life......definitely
    8. protecting our citizens and future generations.....i also agree
    9. freedom and liberty............for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:20 AM

    The trouble with you zealots is that all you do is wave the flag and yell about baby killers and god and guns.You never seem to have any solutions.You're so busy yelling that you don't see that we have a President who polls show is the most respected President in the world after only four months in office. If you really loved your country you'd get behind him and lend a hand to try and save us from the damage of the past 8 years. You need to grow up and read a newspaper once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all.

    I have no respect for people that post anonymously. I think they are cowards.

    Second, if you have ACTUALLY read my blog you will find that I am no flag-waving zealot that yells about baby killers and gods and guns. In fact, on the later, you will that I completely supportive of gun control.

    You will also find that I have come up with some ideas on solutions.

    If you have ACTUALLY read my blog you will find reasons why I am not supportive of our current President. I don't care what polls you find that show he is the "most respected" President in the world. Polls are not news. Polls are not fact. They are opinion. And most of the them are biased toward the end result they are trying to get. Most respected President in the world. Ha! Not by me.

    ReplyDelete