Friday, June 05, 2009

Upset with Emery's Management

I had planned to do an interview with the band Emery and post it here but it looks like I will not be doing it.

Here is the email that I sent the band's management.
hey guys. my name is Steve. i write a blog based out of Seattle Washington and I was wondering if you would be willing to let me interview you for it?

i have a list of questions put together so if I could i can just email them to you and you can answer them whenever you get the time.

- steve

And here is the response that I received.
Hey Steve. Thanks for the interest, but the band's schedule is pretty much stacked right now, what with the record release and tour, so we're going to have to decline your interview request. Good luck with the blog, and thanks for the support. Take care - Scott

Ok. I understand. They are busy. The new album just got released and they are on tour. I really do understand. What I do not understand is why they would outright deny my request. At the very least it would have been nice to have gotten something like maybe another time or something to that effect but no. I get "we're going to have to decline your interview request."

I have NEVER been denied an interview request by ANY band that I have requested one from.

I am very very disappointed.

However, I do not blame the band themselves. Their management is but a filter. Perhaps I will find another way. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I’ve had quite a few people just not respond to my interview requests, but I’ve never had anyone flat out deny one either. In a way it’s polite that their manager did respond because it doesn’t leave you hanging, but in a way it is crappy as well. I can think of att least one person that I email for an interview that I’m kind of glad didn’t respond and that is Kevin Seconds of 7 Seconds. I’ve looked up to this guy’s music for years, but sometimes he comes off as a total jerk on his blog. So in a way I’m glad that he didn’t respond and that I still have an image of him based on his music and not on any attitude he might have given in the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They / he actually seem pretty nice to me, for what it's worth. It was a nice note.

    ReplyDelete