Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Picking the Favorites: The Beatles

To make this list a little easier I will only be listing album that were released in the United States by this band.

Introducing the Beatles
"I Saw Her Standing There"

Meet the Beatles
"All My Loving"

The Beatles 2nd Album
"She Loves You"

Hard Days Night
"And I Love Her"
- - 2nd place goes to "Can't Buy Me Love"

Something New
"I'm Happy Just to Dance With You"

Beatles '65
"Baby's in Black"
- - 2nd place goes to "No Reply" - - this one so far has been the hardest to pick a favorite on

The Early Beatles
"A Taste of Honey"

Beatles VI
"I Don't Want to Spoil the Party"

Help!
"You've Got to Hide Your Love Away"

Rubber Soul
"I've Just Seen a Face"

Yesterday and Today
"We Can Work It Out"
- - 2nd place goes to "If I Needed Someone"

Revolver
"Eleanor Rigby"

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
"Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
- - this album strangely enough was never one of my favorite's of theirs

Magical Mystery Tour
"All You Need is Love"
- - If you ever get a chance you should hear the Cheap Trick version of the title track. It is one of the very few decent cover versions of a Beatles song I have heard in my life.

The Beatles (The White Album)
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
- - 2nd place goes to "Dear Prudence"

Yellow Submarine
"All Together Now"

Abbey Road
"Here Comes the Sun"

Hey Jude
"Paperback Writer"
- - 2nd place goes to "Hey Jude"

Let It Be
"Let It Be"
- - 2nd place goes to "The Long and Winding Road"

2 comments:

  1. How many records did they release? How many more in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be answering that question at a later date. Perhaps tonight, maybe later in the week.

    I am going to do a DOTM for The Beatles but I will be doing a Part One and Part Two to divide it into U.S. releases and U.K. releases.

    ReplyDelete