Friday, July 10, 2009

Picking the Favorites: Dropkick Murphys

Dave already did his list for this band so I figured I would do mine.

Dave is a bigger fan of this band than I am but they are a really good band and definitely worthy of a favorites list.

Boys on the Dock
"Never Alone"

Do or Die
"Cadence to Arms"

The Gang's All Here
"Amazing Grace"
-- I want this version of the song played at my funeral. It is amazing.

Mob Mentality
"The Kids Are Alright"
-- One of the best cover versions of this song that I have heard

Sing Loud Sing Proud
"The Gauntlet"

Blackout
"Walk Away"

Tessie
"Tessie"

The Warrior's Code
"I'm Shipping Up to Boston"

The Meanest of Times
Unfortunately I have never heard this album so I don't have a favorite.

2 comments:

  1. dminIt’s interesting to listen to some of DKM’s songs grow over the years. “Never Enough” was actually pretty slow originally on the Fire & Brimstone 7 inch. Ii was faster on the Boys on the Docks EP. Then the final version on Do or Die was just so tight and catchy that you couldn’t help but love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What that heck? I'm not sure what that typo is all about at the beginning on my comment. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete