Thursday, July 16, 2009

Currently Reading: A Republic, Not An Empire

TITLE: A Republic, Not An Empire
AUTHOR: Patrick J Buchanan
PUBLISHER: Regnery Publishing
YEAR PUBLISHED: 1999

Here is an overview that I found about the book at Google books:

"A commentary on America's foreign policy argues that we are being put at risk and examines the need for a new foreign policy that will put America first."

I have only read chapters 1 and 2 right now but so far I like what he has to say about our nation's foreign policy. A lot of it reminds me of the way I think about it. From what I read about the book on the blurb from the back cover of the book the beginning of the book will refer to a lot of the foreign policy of the United States of America pre-WWII. He has mentioned it a few times but has not really dived into it yet but I think that is because the chapters I have read so far are kind of like an introduction into why he is talking about what he is talking about and why he wrote this book.

Like I said, so far I like what I have read. I will probably end up posting some quotes about the book as I keep reading and will probably have some sort of review and/or some commentary on it later on this blog. It is a big book though so don't expect me to finish it too quickly. In case you did not know this, I am kind of a slow reader.

2 comments:

  1. Does he seem to support a policy of just staying out of world affairs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have not gotten far enough in the reading to tell if that is what he is all about.

    ReplyDelete