Sunday, September 27, 2009

What This World Needs

Before you read this, read my last post. That is, read the lyrics to and watch the video for the song "What This World Needs" by Casting Crowns..........








Now that you have read that and if you watched the video there is a spoken word part toward the middle of it. These are the words to that. I think it hits the nail right on the head in my opinion.

People are not confused by the Gospel. They're confused by us.
Jesus is the only way to God but we are not the only way to Jesus.
This world doesn't need my tie, my hoodie, my denomination, or my translation of the Bible.
They just need Jesus.
We can be passionate about what we believe but we can't strap ourselves to the Gospels because we're slowing it down.
Jesus is going to save the world but maybe the best thing we can do is just get out of the way.


Just thought I would share this with you.






No comments:

Post a Comment