Sunday, November 01, 2009

Dogwood Videos

Dogwood is a punk rock band from California that formed in 1993. They are one of the better (and probably one of the first) punk rock bands to share their Christian faith in their lyrics.

They list as influences Bad Religion, NOFX and Lagwagon.

I first got exposed to them through some website whose name I can't remember where the concept was you typed in the name of a band that you liked and it would give you a list of Christians bands that were similar to that band. I went to the site (I wish I could remember the name of it) and typed Bad Religion and Dogwood came up.

I have seen this band twice. Once in Oklahoma City at the club that used to be the Green Door but now I think is called the Conservatory. The 2nd time up here in Washington at The Mountain Dew Float Festival in 2004.

Here are a couple of links where you can read about them:

Dogwood Wiki Article
The Dogwood MySpace page

And here are a couple of videos of them:

The song "Building a Better Me" from the 2000 album of the same name:


"Preschool Days" from the album Through Thick and Thin released in 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment