Monday, March 22, 2010

Dan Votes No!

I would like to take this time to applaud Representative Dan Boren for having some common sense and the guts to stand up to the Democratic leadership by voting NO on the health care legislation.

I have new found respect for the man and (at this point in time) can truly say I am proud to have him as a Representative of our state.

In an interview with newscaster Terry Hood he stated that "...overwhelmingly there are some real problems with the legislation. My constituents [that would be us, the citizens of Oklahoma] were very opposed to it.....only 17% of my constituents supported the bill....also the cost. We are in the middle of a recession right now. We simply can't afford a brand new entitlement program."

Yes, you read that correctly. Mr. Boren actually REPRESENTED the PEOPLE of Oklahoma in yesterday's vote.

Not only that but here, an elected official, actually stated that we are indeed STILL in a recession and that the economy has not completely recovered (as some state it has). And to say we can't afford another entitlement program is very bold and brave.

Bravo Dan. Again I applaud you.

No comments:

Post a Comment