Monday, March 01, 2010

NBA Standings (March 1)

I used to be a fan of basketball, mostly college, but I did watch some professional. The last 5 or 6 years I just got kind of bored of watching it so I pretty much stopped watching it altogether.

Lately, I have started watching what is going on with it again. Perhaps it because Oklahoma City now has its very own professional sports team (I know, they have the Redhawks and the Blazers too but I'm not talking about pee wee leagues!).

In any case, I thought I would start this new installment similar to what I used to do with baseball, hockey and football. So here it is:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic
Boston
Toronto
Philadelphia
New York
New Jersey

Central
Cleveland
Chicago
Milwaukee
Detroit
Indiana

Southeast
Orlando
Atlanta
Miami
Charlotte
Washinton

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Northwest
Denver
Utah
Oklahoma City Northwest?!? How in the hell is OKC in the Northwest?!? Oh, they DID originally hail from Seattle. Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Portland
Minnesota

Pacific
LA Lakers
Phoenix
LA Clippers
Sacramento
Golden State

Southwest
Dallas
San Antonio
New Orleans
Memphis
Houston

STATS LEADERS

Points Per Game
LeBron James (Cavaliers) - 30
Kevin Durant (Thunder) - 29.7
Carmelo Anthony (Nuggets) - 28.8

Assists Per Game
Steve Nash (Suns) - 11.2
Chris Paul (Hornets) - 11.2
Deron Williams (Jazz) - 10.1

Rebounds Per Game
Dwight Howard (Magic) - 13.3
Zach Randolph (Memphis) - 11.9
Marcus Camby (Trailblazers) - 11.7

ESPN.com Power Rankings
  1. Cleveland Cavaliers
  2. Los Angeles Lakers
  3. Orlando Magic
  4. Utah Jazz
  5. Denver Nuggets
  6. Oklahoma City Thunder
  7. Phoenix Suns
  8. San Antonio Spurs
  9. Atlanta Hawks
  10. Boston Celtics

No comments:

Post a Comment