Saturday, March 06, 2010

Shameless Radio Station Plug

So I have been back in the Oklahoma City area for almost 3 weeks now. I have been listening to various radio stations since I have been back. I've re-programmed my presets, I switch back and forth between them fairly often.

There are a few that I like but I decided to do a post tonight to announce what my favorite radio station is.

First off, I really wanted the Spy to be my favorite because I had heard such great things about it from Dave and he and I (for the most part) have very similar taste in music.
He has done several articles on his blog regarding this station (If I Had a Show on The Spy, Why I Don't Listen to the Spy As Much As I'd Like To, Letter to The Spy, among many others. However, I have just not been impressed listening to it. So alas, it did not make the cut for favorite radio station.

No. Strangely enough, my favorite radio station actually happens to be JACK FM.

To describe what kind of music they play to those who don't know, here is a blurb from the their website:
"We have collected an incredible mix of songs from different music styles and eras and put them all together into one huge music library.....from Pink Floyd to Pink....from U2 to UB40....from the Beatles to the Stray Cats..........JACK is like playing your entire iPod play list on shuffle...."

It really does have quite a diverse song collection. Lately I have found that if my radio is on JACK, I don't tend to change stations much at all....unless it's on a commercial or there is just something I really don't want to hear playing at the time (like Michael Jackson).

Anyway, there is it. My vote for best radio station in Oklahoma City is JACK FM.

3 comments:

  1. Jack FM is a pretty good station. I did a post a while back on my Top 5 Radio Stations in OKC and Jack was # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I updated my post to reflect a link to that post.

    I see that a news station is your #1. I have to admit that I have not searched the dial for any news or talk radio stations yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the most part, I listen to KGOU (the NPR station out of Norman) more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete