Saturday, March 06, 2010

Who is Running for Governor of Oklahoma?

Ok, I'm back in Oklahoma now. I need to start paying a lot more attention to the races going on in 2010. I guess I will start with the gubernatorial election.

Who is running?

On the Democratic side we have:

Jari Askins
Jari is currently the Lt Governor. Personally, I just simply don't like her. Definitely not supporting her.

Drew Edmondson
Drew is currently the Attorney General for Oklahoma. He is kind of shaky on the issues to me so I can't bring myself to support him either.

I have also heard that the Oklahoma State Treasurer Scott Meacham might run. Don't know enough about him to form an opinion one way or the other.

On the Republican side, our choices are:

Mary Fallin
Mary is currently a U.S. Congresswoman from the 5th Congressional District. She is the favorite to win the whole thing. Polls show that she is in the lead by a large majority. She is most likely the candidate that I will be supporting.

Randy Brogdon
He is currently a state senator. I had read somewhere that he is getting a lot of support from the Tea Party movement so even though he is way behind in the polls for the Republican nomination, he still might be a viable candidate if the State GOP is smart enough to warm up to the Tea Party movement.

It has been rumors that Gary Richardson, who ran across Brad Henry and Steve Largent in the 2002 gubernatorial election, might try another run at the office.

There was also a rumor that former Congressman J.C. Watts was going to run but he declined last May. Too bad. I probably would have supported him over Fallin.

3 comments:

  1. Unless something drastic happens, I think that Mary Fallin is going to win in a landslide. Honestly I’m not sure if I’ve even going to bother to vote on this one. I’m not a fan of Fallin, but I’m not sure who the Democrats will nominate. Whoever they nominate will probably get my protest vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think that any of the options the Democrats are putting up this time around don't stand a chance in hell against Fallin. They just don't have a good Brad-type Democrat to run against her. Aside from that I think the current federal administration is putting a bad taste in the public's mouth for the Democratic Party anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you are probably right.

    ReplyDelete