Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fix the Border? Really?


This is an article I got off of my iPhone NPR application today.

Fix Border Policy, Mexican Leader Tells U.S. Congress

Without reading the article itself, my first reaction was to slap myself upside my head and state "Really, damn we should have thought of that years ago! Doh!"

Well no #$%^&! Felipe. We need YOU to tell US that? Seriously.

So then I read the article.

Some of what the Mexican President had to say to Congress was just as moronic though in my opinion.

Like he is worried about the flow of guns from our country into Mexico and blaming the violence in his country on our lack of an assault weapons ban.

Hey dumbass, what about the flow of DRUGS from YOUR country into ours? You don't think that causes violence in OUR country? Seriously dude, go whine somewhere else. You'll get no sympathy from me.

And he has the balls to ask Congress to help his country by banning assault weapons. But what comes next in the article is really what got me:
"Only the Democrats...stood up to applaud that line."
Okay, I understand that he is the 'Mexican' president and might not have heard of this little thing we have in our country called the U.S. Constitution and possibly he has never read this little thing called the 2nd Amendment.
You see, we in the United States have these things called rights.

And then another part of the article quotes the Mexican president as saying
"...I strongly disagree with the recently adopted law in Arizona."
Well I for one am glad that he has no voting power in Arizona or in our country.......for now.

Personally, I'll be damned if I'm going to let some other country's president come into my country and try to dictate policy to my elected officials.

No comments:

Post a Comment