Monday, May 10, 2010

Make Them Clean!

City saves tax dollars using criminals to clean graffiti

I saw this article over at KFOR.com, which I don't really visit that often. Not sure why. Just don't.

Anyway, I read the article and I thought it was brilliant.

This and other community service projects are a great alternative to spending the taxpayer's dollars to house non-violent criminals in our overcrowded jails and prisons.

I say we go further though with this. In addition to making our city's walls and bridges look better by getting rid of graffiti, I think we should put these people to work on other areas of state beautification such as liter clean up on the highways, interstates and parks in Oklahoma.

Or if you want to get a little bit more draconian with it and still keep these criminals out of prison, make them clean the floor at Ford Arena with a toothbrush and a Mr Clean erase in preparation for the Thunder's season next year.

In any case, I think this is a great idea and I think our city and state officials should go even further with this great idea. Save the taxpayer's some money. Make the state a little nicer to look at. And amuse some of our state's law-abiding citizens. LoL!

No comments:

Post a Comment