Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Top 3 Films: Gary Oldman

I've been working on this list ever since I finished the last one (Russell Crowe)

I have to say that this guy is one of the best actors out there today. It is unfortunate that he has never won an Oscar.

Anyway, here is the list:

JFK (1991)

In this one, Oldman plays the person arrested for the assassination of President Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald. Although he did not really have very many speaking parts, he did an amazing job in this movie. The movie itself was nominated for a few Academy Awards but Oldman did not receive any of them.

Leon (1994)

If I were doing this list in order of preference and not in chronological order, this one would top the list. I consider the role Oldman plays in this one as the corrupt DEA agent (Stansfield) as his greatest role ever. Even if you are not an Oldman fan, if you have not seen this movie, it is imperative that you watch this film.

Batman Begins (2005)

Gary does an amazing job as the future police commissioner James Gordon in what is still my all time favorite movie.

Honorable Mention

The Book of Eli - released in 2010, Oldman plays the main bad guy Carnegie. I had a hard time deciding between this one and JFK being on the Top 3 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment