Monday, May 24, 2010

Wasted Money

I periodically receive emails from the Tom Coburn campaign. Coburn is basically the only politician in Congress that I feel I honestly trust even a little bit. The emails I get are usually pretty informative.

Today, I got another email from him where he talks a bit about the United Nations and speaks of our country's contributions to that said organization.

Now if you read this blog fairly regularly, you know that I'm not a big fan of the United Nations so today's email was of particular interest to me.

Here are some tidbits from the email that I thought I'd share with you:

We (the taxpayers) provide nearly 25% of the entire U.N. budget (approximately $6 billion every year).

40% of all UN contracts in 2007 were found to include fraudulent spending.

An amendment proposed in the Senate to eliminate $3 billion in annual funding (to use instead for funding disabled veterans) was rejected.

No comments:

Post a Comment