Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Top 3 Films: Dana Carvey

In honor of his 55th birthday.......damn, is he really THAT old?!?

Happy Birthday Dana!

Waynes World (1992)

Carvey plays the nerdy Garth opposite Mike Myers Wayne in this Saturday Night Live skit turn feature film directed by Penelope Spheeris.

This is one of the very few movies adapted from an SNL skit that I ever thought was really worth a crap (Coneheads is another example. Stuart Smalley and It's Pat, on the other hand, are absolute shite!)

Little Nicky (2000)

Carvey had a small part in this Adam Sandler movie as a referee at a Harlem Globetrotters game but I thought the scene was pretty funny.

In fact, I'm not sure why the critics hated this movie so much. I thought this movie was great. It had a great cast (Sandler, Harvey Keitel as Satan, Rodney Dangerfield as Grandpa Lucifer, Reese Witherspoon as Nicky's heavenly mom, hell, even Ozzy Osbourne shows up at the end).

Whatever, I guess to each his own.

Master of Disguise (2002)

By far I think Carvey's best feature film.

Carvey plays the son of a master of disguise whose parents are kidnapped and he is forced to take up their mantle as a master of disguise and does so...sort of.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know you're talking about, It's Pat was AWESOME!!!! And no I'm not being sarcastic. I really liked that movie.

    ReplyDelete