1. American military and contractor casualties. Death is always a good reason to end war to me too.
2. Iraqi and Afghanistan civilian and military casualties.
3. These wars are a tremendous waste of taxpayer money in a time of extreme deficits, high unemployment and a failing stock market. Very good reason!
4. Invading and occupying Afghanistan and Iraq feeds terrorism. Probably right.
5. Osama Bin Laden and his co-conspirators who attached the World Trade Center were Saudi Arabian. Personally, this does not seem like a good reason, the ethnicity of the people that bombed us is kind of a weak excuse.
6. In Afghanistan, we are fighting the Taliban, those dangerous people with guns defending their homeland. Once they were called the Mujahideen, our old allies, along with bin Laden, in the fight to oust the Soviets from Afghanistan in the 1980s.
7. Most Republicans in Congress now admit Iraq was a mistake.
8. Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele's comments show that even the hawkish Republican Party can't support this war with a straight face. Not even sure Steele is truly representing the wishes of the mainstream Republicans these days anyway.
9. "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - - James Madison
10. The U.S. military has been in Iraq for over 7 years and in Afghanistan for almost 9 years. It's time to give peace a chance. Does seem like a long time to be at war, doesn't it?
Thanks to The Third Party and Independent Daily for the find!