Monday, July 19, 2010

Terrill Belongs in Jail, Not in the Legislature

My friend Dave posted the following article on his blog which references a newspaper article from the Daily Oklahoman.


Here is a link to the actual Daily Oklahoman article:


Personally, I think that the provision in the Oklahoma State Constitution stating that legislators are free from arrest needs to be taken out. I don't care if a person is a state legislator or not. If they are a crook, then they deserve to be held accountable.

Any politician that tries to hide behind their legislative privilege not only does not belong in the state legislature because they are abusing their power, they deserve to spend some time in jail.

Terrill is not in my district so I can't vote for or against him but if I were, I would certainly not be voting for him.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:57 PM

    The author of this post does not understand the intent of the law. Terrill is a piece of crap for a lot of reasons, but the issue at hand is can legislative motives be taken into account for criminal investigation. And since the history of our country the answer is a resounding "no". Though Terrill's intentions a are shady at best, this should be beyond the purview of a grand jury.

    ReplyDelete