On this day in United States history in 1964, the Warren Commission releases its report on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
The Warren Commission was created by President Lyndon B Johnson in November 1963 shortly after the assassination in order to investigate it.
The member’s of the Commission were:
- Earl Warren, Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Senator Richard Russell Jr (Democrat from Georgia)
- Senator John Sherman Cooper (Republican from Kentucky)
- Representative Hale Boggs (Democrat from Louisiana)
- Representative Gerald Ford (Republican from Michigan)
- Allen Dulles (former head of the Central Intelligence Agency)
- John J McCloy (former President of the World Bank)
The final report was 888 pages long and concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in assassinating the President and wounding Texas Governor John Connally.
I have only one thing to say about this report……..hogwash. I’ve never believed that Oswald acted alone in this whole mess.