Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Nevermind That Blue Joshua Tree

Okay, I couldn't come up with a better title for this post.

I borrowed a book yesterday from a friend at work titled 100 Greatest Albums put out by VH1 and edited by Jacob Hoye.

I have a bone to pick with the people that came up with this list.

First, the Nirvana album Nevermind is #2 on the list. What the hell?!? I mean, it's a decent album I guess. Not really my favorite Nirvana album and I understand the impact it had on the music industry but the #2 Greatest Album of All Time? I beg to differ.

According to this list Nevermind is a better album than The Beach Boys Pet Sounds and The Beatles Rubber Soul, Sgt Pepper, AND The White Album. And it is a better album than U2's The Joshua Tree?!? Hardly!

And while I am on the subject of The Joshua Tree, according to this list, the Joni Mitchell album Blue is a better album than it? I don't hardly think so!!!

The people that put this list together are on crack!

Here is a list of the Top 21 of their list for your viewing pleasure (or displeasure if you are as irritated about it as I am):

  1. The Beatles - Revolver
  2. Nirvana - Nevermind
  3. Beach Boys - Petsounds
  4. Marvin Gaye - Whats Going On
  5. Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
  6. The Beatles - Rubber Soul
  7. Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
  8. The Beatles - Abbey Road
  9. Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
  10. The Beatles - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
  11. The Beatles - The White Album
  12. The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
  13. The Who - Whos Next
  14. Joni Mitchell - Blue
  15. U2 - The Joshua Tree
  16. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
  17. The Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bullocks really can't believe this one made the cut either
  18. Prince and the Revolution - Purple Rain
  19. The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground
  20. Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions
  21. Elvis Presley - The Sun Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment