Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oklahoma State Questions Re-cap

We are less than a week away from election day and I thought I would remind everyone that besides the electing of more degenerate politicians into public office, we have state questions to vote on. These state questions are the way we voters ACTUALLY have a choice and a vote in how things are run locally. I would even go so far as to say that the state questions are more important than the elected offices because these are where 'We the People' actually have a voice.

I did a post back in July (Oklahoma State Questions in 2010) which according to the # of hits it has had on this post was a pretty popular. So I thought I'd re-cap my thoughts on them.

744. Requires the Legislature to fund the state's schools to equal neighboring states.

I am voting NO on this one.

746. Requires voters to produce identification when voting.

Vote YES!

747. More stringent term limits for Oklahoma's elected officials.

YES!!

748. Reform of the Reapportionment Commission.

I have (finally) decided that I am voting NO on this one. I don't think these should in any way, shape or form have anything to do with party politics and appointing an equal # of Democrats and Republicans is going to perpetuate that kind of nonsense.

750. Change percentage of signatures to propose amendments to the State Constitution from 15 to 10.

I'm voting NO.

751. Makes English the official language of Oklahoma.

YES.

752. Adds 2 members to the Judicial Nomination Commission.

I'm NO on this one.

754. No Mandated State Expenditures Act.

I'm still NO on this one.

755. Requires Oklahoma courts to rely on federal and state laws and prohibits the use of Sharia law.

Big YES!

756. Amendment to State Constitution to opt out of federal health care programs.

Another big YES!

757. Request to increase the amount of money to go into the state's rainy day fund.

NO for now. Perhaps if it were re-submitted in a few years I would vote for it.

2 comments:

  1. curious on your reasoning for voting against 754. Seems to me if you are "NO" on 744 you would be "YES" on 754..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly because, after reading through the bill, it still makes no sense to me.

    If a bill doesn't make any sense to me, I vote against.

    ReplyDelete