Thursday, February 03, 2011

Picking the Favorites: Dropkick Murphys (Part Two)



This is a part two because I did this same post back in July 2009 but I decided to do it again. No logical reason. Just felt like it.

So as before I will list the album title and then my favorite song from that album. I am not, however, including live albums on this list.


Boys on the Docks (1997)
Boys on the Docks

Do or Die (1998)
Barroom Hero

The Gang's All Here (1999)
Amazing Grace

Mob Mentality (2000)
The Kids Are Alright

The Singles Collection, Volume 1 (2000)
Skinhead on the MBTA

Sing Loud Sing Proud (2001)
The Gauntlet

Blackout (2003)
Walk Away

Tessie (2004)
Tessie

The Singles Collection Part Two (2005)
21 Guitar Salute

The Warrior's Code (2005)
The Warrior's Code This album was a hard one to pick from.

The Meanest of Times (2007)
God Willing

Going Out in Style (2011)
Have not heard anything off the album yet but can't wait!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Which version of “Boys on the Docks” is your favorite?

    The version of “Skinhead on the MBTA” on The Singles Collection is amazing. The energy of the crowd and then the busting into AC/DC’s “TNT” was just way too cool.

    I love the cover of “Knock Me Down” that they did on Mob Mentality. That song was originally done by Rick Barton’s old band The Outlets.

    Have you done one of these posts for Social Distortion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure did:
    http://otterlimits.blogspot.com/2009/07/favorite-songs-of-social-distortion.html

    Hmmm....favorite version of Boys on the Docks. I would have to say that it is a tie between the version on Do or Die or the live version on The Singles Collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that my favorite, non-live, version is the one from Do or Die followed by the one from Mob Mentality.

    Have you done one of these posts for Flogging Molly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. I don't believe I have done one of these posts for Flogging Molly.

    ReplyDelete