Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Currently Reading: A Peoples History

Title:  A Peoples History of the United States
Author:  Howard Zinn
Year Published:  originally in 1980, revised in 2003
Publisher:  HarperCollins Publishers

I heard about this book a long time ago. Don't remember where. Never bothered to consider reading it until recently. I looked it up on the library catalog and lo and behold it was on there so I reserved it.

Just picked it up tonight and scanned the table of contents. It tells the story of the history of the U.S. from Columbus to the 2000 Presidential Election.

From what I understand this is not your typical history book in that it is told from a working class perspective. From the point of view of factory workers, immigrants and poor people. Should be an interesting read if I can make it through. Who knows knowing my short attention span. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment