Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Herman Cain on the Issues

Herman Cain is one of the front-runners in the race for the Republican Presidential nomination. In fact, as of right now, he is currently tied for first on the Otter Limits GOP straw polls (the other candidate tied for 1st on my straw poll is Ron Paul, you can see his stances at Ron Paul on the Issues that I did back in July).

Anyway, here is where Herman Cain stands on some of the issues. Brought to you courtesy of On The Issues.


Abortion
Life begins at conception.
Supports defunding of Planned Parenthood.
I agree with him completely here.

Budget/Economy
Supported auditing Federal Reserve.
I also agree with him on this issue.

Civil Rights
Supports reinstating Don't Ask Don't Tell.
Opposes appointing Muslims to Cabinet or judgeships.
Opposes government-imposed hiring quotas.
I do not agree with reinstating DADT, nor do I agree with banning Muslims from cabinet positions or judgeships. I do, however, agree with him on opposing quotas.

Corporations
Eliminate capital gains taxes.
I disagree. I see nothing wrong with them.

Education
Get federal government out of education.
Supports school vouchers and charter schools.
I disagree with getting the government completely out of education. I ride the fence a bit on the school voucher issue.

Health Care
Repeal ObamaCare.
Have not made up my mind about this. I used to oppose it but, even though there are some provisions I disagree with (i.e. forcing people to carry insurance), I think it might actually be a small step in the right direction.

Immigration
Supports more border troops.
Supports building fence along Mexican border.
Still not 100% on my position on immigration but I do agree we should build a fence.

Social Security
Supports option for personal retirement accounts.
I can agree with this over Social Security.

Tax Reform
Supports 9-9-9 plan (9% personal income tax, 9% corporate income tax, 9% sales tax) although in May he supported a 23% national sales tax.
Not for me. I'm a FairTax kind of guy.

War & Peace
Opposed US intervention in Libya.
Supports military might over diplomacy.
Agree with him over Libya. Otherwise, typical war monger attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment