Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Mitt Romney on the Issues

One of the other front runners running for the Republican Presidential primary this time around is Mitt Romney. Here is his stance on some of the issues:

Abortion
Pro-life, although he supported an abortion law as Governor of Massachusetts in 2007.

Civil Rights
Support defining marriage as one-man-one-woman.
I disagree. Government should stay out of the defining marriage business.

Corporations
Opposes auto company bailouts.
Supports reducing corporate tax rate.
I also opposed the auto bailouts but I'm not so sure I agree with reducing corporate tax rates. Then again, if we had the FairTax, this would not be an issue.

Crime
Supports death penalty.
I don't.

Drug Control
Opposes legalization of marijuana.
I support it.

Education
Supports school choice over public education.
Opposes teachers' unions.
I slightly agree with school choice but not if it means dismantling public education. For the most part, I support teachers' unions. Teachers get hosed consistently.

Energy/Oil
Supports investing in new technology to reduce dependence on foreign oil.
I agree.

Health Care
Supports reforming Medicare and keeping prescription program.
Supports health savings accounts.
Opposes ObamaCare.
I support a reform to Medicare too...how about Medicare for all? Not sure about health savings accounts, they could be useful.

Immigration
Supports border fence.
Sure.

Jobs
Supports right-to-work laws.
I am ok with right-to-work laws but overall, I think Mitt likes them because he is anti-union.

Social Security
Supports keeping social security as an essential program but also supported reforming it.
I'm ok with that I guess.

Tax Reform
Opposes FairTax - states it is unfair to the middle class.
Ok, that's all I need to know about him and tax reform.

War & Peace
Supports withdraw from Afghanistan.
I'm all for that, let's withdraw from some other places too!

No comments:

Post a Comment